Welding Safety

Firefighters are investigating a Wednesday morning fire at a Spartanburg County business.

It happened at Tietex International on North Blackstock Road, about 11 p.m.

FOX Carolina crews at the scene said the fire was in the back of the building.

Tietex operates around the clock but officials said no one was hurt. Tietex officials said the fire was confined to a piece of equipment that had been prepared for removal.

They said it was believed that welding done earlier in the day caused some internal material to smolder and finally ignite.

Firefighters with the Westview-Fairforest Fire Department were able to extinguish the fire before it damaged other parts of the facility, according to Tietex.

Plant personnel were evacuated as a precaution. All operations have returned to normal, Tietex officials said.

Tietex is a global manufacturer of a broad and diverse range of stitch-bonded, nonwoven fabrics.

Share your love of welding supplies